Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!


When looking at this picture, one might think that this is just a bad shot; that I blinked. In all actuality, I'm closing my eyes because I was scared poopless because I was on a real live ferris wheel for the first time in my 36 years. I hate rollercoasters and have only recently admitted that I'm just a 'fraidy cat. Ferris wheels fall under this same category.

In the car with me were Matt, Maddie and Julia. I had to be brave for the girls, but had to succumb to the fear somewhat and put a death-like grip on Matt's hand. I had to close my eyes as we slowly climbed up so that they could load more people on. I was pretty sure that I was going to hurl from fear alone right on everyone's feet. If you look closely, you can see the highway just beyond us. Not really a selling point as far as I was concerned. One of my biggest fears was to get stuck at the top while people were being loaded (or God forbid - just plain stuck up there!). Yep - we dangled at the top for a few loooooong minutes. This happened right after the picture was taken. After the ride was fully loaded, we went around 4 or 5 times. I was just fine and actually breathed out long enough to enjoy it. By all accounts, this is a small ferris wheel, but it's a huge accomplishment for me.

1 comment:

toosie said...

Glad you were so brave, lil bucko!

G Toos