Monday, July 21, 2008

Homemade Cake - Attempt #2


After my charmingly oogey cake for Hannah's birthday, I decided to make a design-free, gel-free cake for Maddie's birthday party. As I mentioned a few posts ago, Maddie wanted a white cake with chocolate frosting. I made a french vanilla layer cake with milk chocolate frosting, a raspberry filling and fresh raspberries around the bottom edge. If I do say so myself, it was darn yummy and delicious. As long as I stay away from cuteness and shapes, I'm fine! (For the record, even Hannah told me she liked it more than hers - and she LOVED hers. Maybe she was just being nice. Who knows.)

You probably think I'm nuts - that it's just a cake, but baking is one of the few domestic things that I think I can do pretty well AND enjoy at the same time. That's a rare combination. I feel like the baking gods have smiled upon me.

3 comments:

toosie said...

Yummy looking cake. The guitar cake was cute, too.

Happy Birthday Maddie! Lots of fun on your day.

Jenny said...

Delicious! Happy, Happy Birthday, Sweet Maddie!

Ken said...

Hi Maddie, hope you had a great birthday!

Love,
Uncle Ken