You know - we all have bad days. Days when we're not sure how we're going to pay all of our bills on time (or even at all)... Days that our kids have managed to pick up every single bad habit known to man and we feel like the newest recipient of the Bad Parent of the Year award... Days that our boss sucks, our coworkers suck and even our dog sucks... Days that we feel like crying all day long and not getting out of bed. It's life and we deal with it. Sometimes we have to enlist in the help of some happy pills or a good therapist - but we deal with it nonetheless and go about our days.
It's no secret that I've had issues with depression and it's an ongoing battle. Today; however, despite those types of things, I feel pretty darn good. Know why? I'm not Anna Nicole Smith - who's left behind a baby that will forever have to deal with her drama. I'm not Britney Spears - who has clearly lost her mind (BALD HEAD?!?!) and is dangerously close to losing her kids while she's at it. I may have my issues - but things will never be as bad as they are (were!) for these two sad women. This recent tragedy in their lives really has really affected me. I think because I'm also a mother who has had my share of crazy moments (and no, I don't mean the silly, good ones!). I know what it's like to be on the edge and feel like I'm going to fall off if someone doesn't hurry and drop that safety net. It's scary to feel so out of control. I've thought about all of this a lot today and realize - even though I may have my really bad days, the good days still far outweigh them. I guess the air just seems a little bit clearer, the sun a little brighter and my mind a little less foggy today. (Maybe it's because it's actually nearly 60 degrees and sunny here, but work with me people...) Yes, I'm thankful for what I have in my life and that I'm not them. I'm thankful for the girls and for Matt. I'm thankful for my family and friends. Most of all - I'm thankful that I've never fallen off that edge because I have great people around me. Those two sad women and their kids should be so lucky.
It's a beautiful day indeed. And I still have all my hair to show for it, too.
Saturday, February 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm hearing a little bit of U2 in the background..."It's a beautiful day..."
Keep plugging, we all love you very much!
J
Post a Comment