Monday, August 18, 2008

Conversing with the girls

The scene: Leaving Kohl's, I want to share something amusing (or at least I think it's amusing) with the girls.

Me: Hey - guess what...
Maddie: What? Your feet hurt? You need medicine? You want to lay on the couch? What?
Me: (Stunned) Seriously? That's what you think? Do you think I'm a complainer???
Both Girls: (Laughing, in unison) NO!
Me: (Not believing a word)
Maddie: Tell us mom... What did you want to say?

I went on to tell them that the bubbly older cashier was so nice to everyone and told them all to have a pleasant evening when they were finished - but not me. She just said "good night" to me. She seemed totally offended that I didn't want to use my (non-existent) Kohl's card. Ugh...

Anyway - the dialog continued as we drove along.

Me: (Singing and acting goofy) I hope you guys appreciate that I am the coolest, most fun mom that you've ever had.
Hannah: Oh, I do!
Maddie: (Silence)
Hannah: Maddie!
Maddie: (Silence)
Hannah: MADDIE!!
Maddie: (Giggling) What!?!? Oh, I do TOOOOOO.
Me: (Again, not believing a word)
Me: Aw, come on! I'm fun! I'm cool! (Turning to Hannah) I'm CUTE!
Hannah: (Laughing) You're "cute". Ha!
Maddie: I'm cute, too!
Hannah: You're hairy and stinky!
Maddie: Touche'!
Me: (Goofy guffaws all the way home)

I'm tired and stressed and my dogs are BARKING today, but damn - these girls just brighten my world. They are fun and cool and cute and yes - hairy and stinky - and I love them more than life itself. They make it all worth it.

1 comment:

toosie said...

Thus, the name Undies on Our Heads! Some of the funniest conversations with you and Jenny when you were little, were in the car.Funny stuff Maddie and Hannah.


G Toos