Today at Chuy's, I kept looking at a woman who was sitting at the table next to us. I thought that she looked very familiar, but couldn't figure out where I knew her from. I didn't know if we maybe worked together or if she worked somewhere that we frequented or what. I said to Matt, "I think I know that woman over there, but I can't place her and it's making me crazy!" He took one look, thought for a second, and said, "Ooooh - is her name Kimmi??" I said, "YES! She was on 'Survivor', I think!" Matt proceeded to offer the girls $10 to go up to her and ask if that's who she was. Maddie cheerfully agreed. Much to Matt's chagrin, he only had a $20, so Maddie had some serious incentive.
The rest of this tale will be told by Maddie.
I went up to her and said, "Excuse, me, but were you on 'Survivor?'" She said, "Yes, I was - in Australia!" And then she said, "My name's Kimmi, what's yours?" I told her my name. She then said, "It's very nice to meet you! Hold on a minute, I need to get my baby..." I didn't even know she had a baby! So, I said, "I just wanted to come up and see if it was really you." I went back to our table and Daddy gave me my $20!
We may be the only 'Survivor' nerds that actually recognized her without a tiny dirty bikini, but hey - it was pretty darn exciting! Now, if only we saw Rupert!
For those of you that may not know or remember - THIS is Kimmi. (The one with the long pony tails...)
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go, Maddie! Have fun with your $20. I never got in to Survivor but I know it was a religious experience in your household!
G Toos
Post a Comment